Billing & Insurance
Washington Psychological Wellness is currently in-network with Carefirst BlueCross and BlueShield. Please check with your insurance provider regarding co-pay or co-insurance rates.
Washington Psychological Wellness also accepts most PPO insurance plans as out-of-network providers. We provide you with an invoice (also known as a “superbill”) at the end of every month, which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. The client makes payment at the time of the session, and if you choose, insurance will reimburse you a percentage of the session cost. Insurance providers typically reimburse 50-80% of session costs. Insurance plan coverage varies widely, so please check with your provider via phone or online for specific coverage and reimbursement rates.
If you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA), you may also pay for your sessions with your FSA or HSA card or get reimbursed from your account with the Superbills we provide.
Helpful questions to ask your insurance company:
• Do I have mental health coverage?
• What percentage of my bill will be covered for services obtained by an out-of-network provider?
• How many sessions will be covered per calendar year?
• What is my deductible, and has it been met?
– We are happy to discuss your specific situation during your initial consultation –